Hosseini Dalan bomb attack case on Ashura rally in 2015 not yet finished
Testimony in the 2015 bombing of the Tazia procession of the Shia community at the Hosseini Dalan in Old Dhaka has not ended in five years.
DB found the truth of the involvement of 13 militants of the new JMB in the case filed in this incident.
Three of them were killed in a 'gunfight' with DB. The case is currently pending in the Special Anti-Terrorism Tribunal in Dhaka. So far, only 12 out of 47 people have testified in the case. Six militants are in jail in connection with the case. The other four militants have been released on bail. The four have given confessional statements in court.
According to court sources, the Dhaka Metropolitan Sessions Judge's Court framed charges against the militants on May 31, 2016, taking into account the chargesheet filed by the police in the case of militant attack on Hossaini Dalan.
Government prosecutor in charge of the special anti-terrorism tribunal Ghulam Sarwar Khan told the media that the trial of the case is now closed as the court was shut in Corona situation. So far, only 12 of the 48 pws have testified. He also said that they are working to complete the testimony quickly.
Note that a bomb attack took place in Imambara on the night of 23 October 2015 while preparing for the Taziya procession on the occasion of Holy Ashura. Two were killed and more than a hundred were injured. Two unexploded bombs (Improvised Explosive Device (IED)) were later recovered from there.
Police officials said the banned militant group, the new JMB, had targeted the largest gathering of the Shia community to show its strength, causing panic among the country's people.
Police filed a case under the Anti-Terrorism Act at Dhaka's Chawkbazar Police Station in connection with the bombing of the Imambara of Hossaini Dalan. The case was initially investigated by the Chawkbazar police but was later handed over to the Dhaka Metropolitan Police's (DMP) Detective Branch (DB).
Shafiuddin, the then investigating officer in the case and inspector of the DB Bomb Recovery and Deactivation Team, said that after the investigation, a chargesheet was filed against 10 members of the new JMB on April 21, 2016.