10 recommendations to government to relax the lockdown
A nationwide lockdown is underway in Bangladesh to prevent coronavirus infection. Due to which ordinary people have been affected. In this case, it is not possible to continue the lockdown for long. Though the lockdown has been lifted thinking of people of different professions, the experts have paid attention so that the transmission does not increase.
The National Technical Advisory Committee on Corona Prevention has come up with a strategy to get out of the lockdown. The chairman of the committee, Professor Mohammad Shahidullah, has made 10 recommendations to the government as a long-term strategy, according to News BBC Bangla.
The recommendations are:
- Be sure to wear a face mask. As soon as you leave the house, have a face mask. Where the virus density is high, such as: public transport, supermarkets, markets, banks, hospitals - no one can go to these places without a mask. If you do not wear a mask, there should be punitive measures.
- The National Advisory Committee has proposed to halve office attendance. However, it is better if the attendance is one-third. Virtual meetings should be encouraged in offices. Don't eat and drink in groups in the offices. Let everyone finish eating them separately.
- Public transport should carry 50 percent of their capacity. This rule must continue for a long time. In addition, private cars and three-wheeled mechanical vehicles (CNG auto rickshaws) will carry one passenger each. However, if it is a family member, it can carry two people. Of course rickshaws, motorcycles and bicycles are no problem.
- Food stores, grocery stores, markets and shopping malls keep open for long periods of the day. Leaving it open for a short period of time increases human stress and creates a risk of infection. If it is open for a long time, the crowd will be less. Raw markets need to be managed in the open. You can't sit in a restaurant and eat. Home delivery services should be encouraged.
- Rallies must be strictly controlled. Mosques, temples and churches should not be crowded. A limited number of people can go to prayer. Besides, it has been recommended to stop political meetings and rallies. Even if it is done, it cannot have more than 10 people.
- Those who make a living on a daily wage basis can continue their work. The employer will ensure the physical distance and hygiene of the workers.
- Sanitation will be provided for the workers at the entrance of the factory so that they can enter the factory sterile. After the mask inside the factory must work at a certain distance.
- Educational institutions will have to be closed until the situation improves. Online education activities should be encouraged.
- Recreation and tourist centers should be kept completely closed. The tourist center will not be open until further notice.
- Ensure isolation, contact tracing and quarantine. In addition, vaccine activities must be continued. It is very necessary to prevent infection. Quarantine arrangements should be ensured for foreign passengers. Isolation must be ensured by quickly locating those who come in contact with a person infected with the coronavirus. Test facilities need to be increased. It has been suggested to increase the number of testing centers so that they are not crowded.
He warned that if these steps are not taken to control the corona, it will be impossible to stop the corona.