2 workers die inside septic tank in Kushtia
Two construction workers died reportedly after inhaling toxic gas while working inside a septic tank in Jugia Palpara of Kushtia sadar upazila on Friday (May 7) morning.
The deceased construction workers were identified as Sadeq Bacchu, son of late Samed Mondol and Manik Ali, son of Ruhul of Panshchim Gobindapur under Mirpur upazila of the district.
Locals said that Sadeq Bacchu and Manik Ali dropped into a septic tank at Sadeq's sister house to bring the shutter made of bamboo and fell unconscious inhaling toxic.
Later, Sadeq's sister informed police and fire service and recovered the bodies from the septic tank.
Kushtia Model Police Station Officer-in-Charge Shawkat Kabir confirmed the matter to Barta24.com.