Travel ban on India visit extended
The government has decided to increase the duration of travel ban on India visit for another 16 days. As a result, traveling will be closed through all the land ports till June 30. However, in this ban, those who have the special clearance of the Embassy or Home Ministry, it is known that they can travel.
Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen told reporters at the Foreign Ministry on Sunday (June 13).
Earlier this year, the Bangladesh government imposed travel sanctions on India visit on April 26. Later on the ban was increased in 5 phases.
Benapole Immigration OC Ahsan Habib said that till now he did not get any letter for the sanction. However, I learned about the ban through a variety of sources. Due to travel sanctions, the passenger journey is closed in the first place. However, before sanctions, those who were trapped in the two countries were returning to the embassy's clearance. Besides, he also said that some passengers who have permission from the home ministry are traveling to India.
Benapole Immigration Health Department Medical Officer Abu Taher said 44 passengers returned from India on Sunday (June 13). They were kept in an institutional quarantine in Benapole and Jashore’s residential hotel for 14 days. They will return home if they are risk free.
He also said that on Sunday (June 13), the number of cases in Sharsha upazila of the border is 19. The recent infection is increasing.
It is known that from April 26 to June 13, about 5,000 passports holders returned to Bangladesh from India. 46 of Bangladeshi people have been infected by corona. Indian variant matched 6 people's bodies. Besides, 16 people became victims of corona while in India. Indian variant was found in such person's body of Jashore who never visited India.